Best Platform To Sell Digital Products
Do you want to sell digital products? Whether you are looking for extra income, exploiting a newfound talent, or just decided that it is time to pursue a more flexible career you are part of a growing trend of entrepreneurs willing to respond to the increasing demand for digital goods like audiobooks, online courses, software and mobile apps, digital audio, templates, digital art, and design among others there are fundamental factors influencing your chances of success, for instance, your ecommerce platform. Join us today and discover the best platform to sell your digital goods!
Can You Earn Money Selling Digital Downloads?
The answer to this question is a resounding YES! Digital products can generate a respectable profit.
But don’t rush because, like any other business, you need to carefully consider your business model and offering before selling your digital products.
No matter what you want to sell, planning is essential for successful entrepreneurship. Your business plan must include all the stages for the execution of your business project, including the design, the development, and the marketing and sales strategies that will walk you to success.
Think about your product first. Because selling something only because you can is not wise. Consumers don’t like to be misled, and reputation plays a huge role in digital marketing, so ask yourself:
- Is my product original and relevant?
- Is it purposeful and attractive?
- Will people enjoy it?
- Are my prices appropriate and competitive?
Once you have set your mind and embarked on this adventure, monitor and analyze your business data. It’ll help you understand how your strategies are working and adjust them as needed.
What Are the Benefits of Selling Digital Products?
It depends on your philosophy and the reason behind your entrepreneurship and your brand, but the benefits are:
- No delivery fees – Most digital items are delivered via email or through a platform. You don’t need to hire and pay for the delivery of your products.
- Low production cost – With digital products, you don’t need an inventory and almost (not in all cases) no financing.
- High-profit margin – You can count on a stable revenue because you can keep the expenses at their minimum.
- No extra hours needed – Have your business running 24/7 using automated sales funnels without taking time from your day.
- Immediate delivery – People won’t have to wait for the product to arrive. They can access their digital products almost instantly.
- Budget-friendly marketing – Again, it depends on your brand and its philosophy. In most cases, there’s no need for extensive advertising campaigns. You can sell your products on your site with your marketing strategy. I advise you to consider a small investment in some simple tools.
Sounds great! Doesn’t it?
How Do I Start Selling Digital Products?
I want to make things as simple as possible for you, so I’ll break down the process into three easy steps.
Create Your Sales Page
It is the space where you’ll sell your products, the same as the physical world you need a place where people can see and buy your products. Create a sales page that aligns with your products and brand, making it visually attractive and easy to navigate.
Include all the information for your buyers like detailed product descriptions, images, prices, and other information.
Set Up Email Campaigns to Promote Your Digital Products
Once the buyers get to your sales page, it’s time for you to enchant them with some appealing email campaign.
Think about simple but visually attractive. Include relevant images, reviews, testimonials, featured products, and special offers.
Set Up Multiple Payment Gateways
Paypal is the number one choice for most businesses, but there are multiple alternatives available. Consider at least three different payment methods to give your customers enough choices.
What Are the Best Platforms For Selling Digital Products?
When you want to open a store, you have to consider its location carefully. The same goes for your digital products and stores because you want to be visible enough to have a successful business and a regular income. The following are my top ten platform selections for your digital business
Is the perfect fit for beginners searching for an all-in-one platform to sell digital products. They have a 14-day trial, so you can test their services before committing to it.
They have a tool that helps you build a website in ten minutes and get ready to sell your products. Some of their other valuable features are:
You can access some functionalities for free. They have three paid plans
- Mover for $39 per month
- Shaker $89 per month
- Earthquaker for $139 per month
You can save 17% with the annual subscription.
Like the previous one, this Sellfy gives you access to a 14-day free trial. Set up your storefront in a couple of minutes. It has a built-in shopping cart to make the process easier for buyers.
Using this platform, you’ll be able to sell physical and digital products. So if you don’t want to use podia, consider Sellfy the next best thing.
The most remarkable features are:
You can go for a monthly, yearly, or two-year plan. Sellfy provides multiple options to ensure you get what better suits your business.
- Starter Plan: $29 per month, $264 per year, $466 per two years.
- Business Plan: $79 per month, $708 per year, $1,176 per two years.
- Premium Plan: $159 per month, $1,428 per year, $ 2,376 every two years.
There’s also a free plan option.
Sell everything digitally online using SamCart. This tool was born to make eCommerce business easy and accessible for everyone.
They have a drag-and-drop tool that will help you set up your store easily, but you can also benefit from the following features:
They offer three levels for your business
- Launch for $59 per month
- Grow for $119 per month
- Scale for $299 per month
You can save up to 47% when you purchase an annual plan.
Backed by over 130,000 creators Payhip offers a perfect solution for digital content sellers. Using the platform you can start, grow, and manage your business from one place.
Here are its features.
You have three different plan options, they are associated with the fee they charge you per transaction.
- Free Forever is $0/month but it has a transaction fee of 5%.
- Plus $ 29/month with a transaction fee of 2%.
- The Pro $ 99/month transaction fee is 0%.
Sell audiobooks, e-books, photographs, software, memberships, event tickets, online courses, and more. SendOwl has everything you need to sell digital goods online.
These are its most remarkable features.
They offer a 30-day free trial. You can start using the Free Plan and pay a 5% of sales fee, Grow Plan costs $19 per month and has zero fees.
It is a popular all-in-one marketing platform with stellar features that have helped it become a favorite space for people looking to sell digital products without the need to integrate a ton of different apps. Moreover, the products you can sell on this platform are not limited to downloadable products, you can also sell physical products to expand your reach and profit margins.
Its features include:
It has a 14-day free trial for people looking for a test drive without a long-term commitment. And if you’re willing to get started on any of the paid plans we have good news because Kartra accounts come with a risk-free 30-day refund guarantee.
The prices for the paid plans are the following:
- Starter Plan: 119/month.
- Silver Plan: 229/month.
- Platinum Plan: 549/month.
If you decide to pay annually instead of monthly fees you can opt for significant discounts.
Another top choice for entrepreneurs and creators looking to sell online is Gumroad. The user-friendly interface, landing page capabilities, and sales tracking data make it a go-to choice for anyone looking to create and sell digital products. Among the most popular users, we can mention writers, musicians, filmmakers, educators, and designers looking to connect with a global audience and monetize their talents.
These are its fundamental features.
The pricing depends on the level of service and features you select.
- 10% flat fee per sale: Excluding credit card processing and PayPal fees.
- Gumroad Discover: This feature allows you to improve the placement of your products on the platform by paying an increased fee. Here you can find more details about the fees.
Last but not least, it is Teachable. This online course creation platform helps its users build their market to create and sell online courses and coaching services. Take a look at the features.
- Free Plan: This is the fastest way to get started at no cost. The transaction fee for this plan is $1 + 10% on each sale.
- Basic Plan: It is priced at $59 per month. It includes features such as no transaction fees (except for payment processor fees), custom domain support, integrated email marketing, and basic quizzes.
- Pro Plan: For $159 per month, it includes all the features of the Basic plan, and some additional features such as graded quizzes, advanced reports, and integrated affiliate marketing.
- Pro+ Plan: The cost is $249 per month. It includes all the features of the Pro plan, priority customer support, priority product updates, and bulk student enrollments.
- Business Plan: Priced at $665 per month, it includes all the features of the Pro+ plan, with advanced theme customization, manual student imports, and a dedicated account manager.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Kind of Digital Products Can you Sell?
The possibilities are unlimited, but to narrow a bit your search I give a list of some of the most marketable digital products
- Online courses
If you are already selling courses it’s a good idea to sell online. Create and sell online courses and double your chances of income with an online store.
This is a bursting market for digital content. Sell online your books and short stories and generate constant passive income.
Another fascinating category of digital goods that do well online is templates. When you don’t have a lot of design experience, you can think about simple things like resume templates, business letter templates, social media posts, email marketing templates, etc.
This is the king of digital products. Selling digital downloads of your software can boost your brand to the next level.
- Video content
Take a look at streaming platforms and realize the huge market for digital content. There’s no need to be a fancy movie director to make money selling video content and digital downloads. Think about educational video content, vlogs, travel documentaries, comedy videos, short films, and gaming videos, and find the best platform to sell digital products.
- Patterns and printables
You can sell digital downloads to help others enhance their creativity. You can sell sewing and knitting patterns, or printables like mandala books and workbooks. Set all your patterns for easy digital downloads and step into a new market.
- Digital Art and Photography
Is better to start with what’s familiar to you. If you are an artist or have always wanted to explore this side of your personality you can make money selling digital art online.
You can sell logos, brand kits, digital art, or photos. There are multiple platforms to sell digitally that can help you sharpen your creative side.
You can sell digital downloads to help others enhance their creativity. You can sell things like sewing patterns, knitting patterns, or printables like coloring pages and workbooks. Set all your patterns for easy digital downloads and step into a new market.
Are There Free Platforms to Sell Digital Products?
Selling digital products online needs some investments, but you can start for free and adjust as you grow. Some of the alternatives we reviewed offer both free and paid versions, so feel free to explore them and grow as your business grows.
Selling online courses is profitable?
What Digital Products Are Most Profitable?
According to FastSpring, the most profitable digital products are:
- Audio Files and Music Production Software
As I told you before, the possibilities are endless! You can start by selling online courses, digital downloads, physical products, subscriptions, or website templates depending on your interests, talents, and skills. Now that you know the best ecommerce platforms to sell, choose your favorite, set up your online store, and start to sell digital products in 2023.