These tools can provide valuable insights into your website’s technical and on-page SEO issues and help you develop a plan to improve your website’s search engine rankings.
SEO audit tools are tools that help you improve the detectability and user experience of your websites.
We will show you the most relevant SEO audit tools in 2023.
What Is SEO Audit?
An SEO audit is a comprehensive analysis of your website’s current level of search engine optimization. It includes ensuring that your website audit is being searched and indexed properly, content analysis for on-page SEO issues, and content optimization tips to make certain that there is no duplication or thin content that is affecting your SEO, ensuring that your site provides a great experience for users.
The Best SEO Audit Tools
Some of the tools available for performing an SEO audit are attached below
Surfer SEO offers a comprehensive examination of your content structure on-page ranking variables and step-by-step guidance to rank higher utilizing data from your top SERP competitors.
- Examine and contrast the keyword density, text length, and headings with the top-ranking results
- Look for missing links in your material
- For your clients, white-label the audit reports
- Repurpose previous information and make it relevant to current trends
- AI can help you score higher on Google by optimizing your content
- Provides advice for what content to create to increase ratings
- Offers comprehensive page audits to assist in identifying content gaps and providing concrete measures to correct any issues
- Have a pricing choice based on the number of content editors and non-expiring audits, as well as monthly and yearly subscription options
Cost: Plans begin at $29 monthly, with annual discounts available.
2. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
Screaming Frog is an SEO audit software that extracts and examines data to assist you in resolving SEO issues and improving your on-site SEO.
The program is efficient and can scan both small and large websites while displaying its findings in real-time.
- Examine the titles of pages and metadata for length and redundancy
- The GSC, Google Analytics, and PageSpeed Insights are all integrated
- Examine internal link structure and URL structure
- With Log File Analyzer, you can identify browsed URLs and crawl frequency
- The free plan will be enough for the majority of small businesses
- A simple and quick SEO auditing tool
- With the free version, you can audit up to 500 URLs
- Google Analytics integration is not available in the free trial
- For new users, the interface may be challenging
Cost: It counts with the free version, and the paid version costs $209 per year
Semrush provides a free SEO audit tool for the first 100 pages of your web page. When you perform a site audit using the platform, you will receive a full technical SEO audit that will assist you in identifying and correcting on-site issues, hence increasing your Google results.
- Examine over 130 audit KPIs ranging from on- and off-page SEO to technical search engine optimization concerns
- Make a personalized white-labeling PDF of the issues
- Plan and personalize your audits
- Create a prioritized list of situations that require quick attention
- SEO tools for auditing that are comprehensive
- Tracking and opportunities for backlinks, keyword rankings, competition, broken links, technical site concerns, and more
- Semrush Academy has a collection of free SEO instructional videos
- More costly than other SEO tools, particularly if you do not intend to use it frequently
- Although very intuitive, the sheer amount of tools available may confound newcomers
Cost: The platform is open in both free and paid editions.
- The Pro plan, at $119.95 per month
- The Guru plan costs $229.95 per month
- The business plan costs $449.95 per month
A comprehensive SEO site auditing solution that looks for possibilities to boost organic search traffic. Furthermore, is used to continually track your website’s SEO performance, alert you to errors, and hunt for growth opportunities.
- At an average of 150 pages per minute, track all types of faults on the site
- Track keyword positions for specific queries. Convenient work with outcomes and daily e-mail reporting
- To prevent losing any vital connections, keep a monitor of backlink modifications around the clock. You have complete control over which connections to gather and track
- Within your browser, you may instantly check the keyword research tool and SERP positions
- Their dashboard is simple to use and has all of the data you require about your website
- Comprehensive to the entire user base, from novices to specialists, which is extremely beneficial in assuring guided technical implementation
- Excellent SEO tool for monitoring and optimizing your website
- It fails to describe how to handle problems enough, which can be problematic whenever used by an inexperienced user
- Even when identified faults have been corrected, it might take a long time for a website to get white-listed
Cost: It has three plans
- The basic plan at $29 per month
- The startup plan at $49 per month
- The growing plan costs $99 per month
5. Google Search Console
It provides a wealth of information regarding website loading rates, indexed pages, broken hyperlinks, HTML markups, and much more.
Google Search Console may provide an overview of your site’s performance, such as clicks, perceptions, average click-through rates, and average SERP position. It also gives information about areas of your website that are causing SEO errors or are not working as planned.
- Receive notifications for indexing errors and ‘404’ or ‘500’ errors
- Use a content keywords tool to analyze your keyword performance
- Create personalized audit reports
- User experience concerns are addressed
- All features are available for a free tool
- Establish a connection to Google Analytics (which is also free) to view all of your data via the GA interface
- The most up-to-date information on how your website ranks on Google
- There is no competitor information
- There is very little technical SEO data available
Cost: It is free
A digital marketing solution that includes SEO audit tools, SpyFu provides a wide range of digital marketing tools, including a PPC analyzer and rank tracking, keyword research, and competitor analysis. It also provides SEO auditing skills as part of a suite of other tools.
- Detects weaknesses revealed by Google updates
- Backlinks are vetted to remove duplication and garbage links
- Finds potential ranking opportunities
- Compares your content against your competitors for cost-effectiveness.
- PPC tools help in the improvement of paid advertising performance
- Backlink analysis and strategy suggestions
- Continuous ranking monitoring
- It is not a complete SEO auditing tool
- Various content strategy features are missing
Cost: Plans begin at $39 a month and include a 30-day money-back guarantee.
7. Moz Pro
Moz Pro Provides you with the resources and instruments you need to identify problems with SEO on your site, measure growth, optimize, and create reports. The Search Test tool will crawl up to 3,000 URLs and send you an email with information regarding each page.
Furthermore, it describes each issue, with audit results its possible influence on your SEO, and how to resolve it. Moz also highlights issues that you want to overlook, indicates issues as set, and recrawls to see how far you’ve come.
- Create eye-catching, easy-to-use charts and reports
- You can obtain an On-Page Optimization Rating based on keywords
- Create a detailed link analysis profile
- Examine your website for flaws with on-page, off-page, and technical SEO
- Not only does it provide statistics, but it also teaches you about the significance of each indicator and how to improve it
- Site crawling is a comprehensive health assessment for your website
- The list function collects data for the most significant keywords and links for you to watch
- Even with an explanation, some of the tools may be intimidating to SEO newcomers
- Customers complain about high wait times for onboarding sessions, implying that the first month is effectively a waste of time
Cost: Available for free for 30 days. Paid subscriptions begin at $99 per month.
Site Audit by Ahrefs is fully cloud-based. That means you do not have to install anything and can get to your data from anywhere at any time. You can also schedule crawls to occur every day, every week, or monthly.
- Real-time monitoring of your website’s crawl
- With numerous charts, you can see all pertinent data at a glance
- Check your domain versus 119 established SEO checkers for SEO issues and get tips on how to improve each one
- When you click on an issue, it displays a list of the URLs that are affected
- It gives you access to all of the essential tools for an SEO job, such as keyword research, backlink analysis, and site audits
- It allows one to simply assess Core Web Vitals functionality and provides access to both field and test data in one location
- A more comprehensive look at ranks. The ranking systems are not always accurate.
- The SEO assessment should be offered for free
Cost: This is an SEO software that is paid and has four plans
- The lite plan costs $99 per month
- The regular plan at $179 per month
- The advanced plan at $399 monthly
- The agency plan costs $999 per month
What are the Different Types of SEO Audits?
Technical SEO audit: This kind of audit focuses on the website’s technical components, such as indexability, website architecture, URL structure, and on-page elements.
Local SEO audit: it features the same elements as a technical SEO audit, but is more focused on a website’s performance in local search results.
SEO content audit: It provides a more detailed look at a website’s indexable content and can be used to assess which sites or pieces of content are generating traffic and sales, which need to be updated, and which should be removed.
SEO link audit: Assist you in identifying gaps and chances for your SEO link-building tactics. Performing frequent SEO link audits will help you avoid Penguin penalties and remove and remove all spammy links.
Why Do SEO Audits Matter?
SEO audits are critical components of any SEO campaign. You can not be certain that no webpage difficulties prevent you from attaining your search engine optimization potential unless you audit your site.
How Long Do SEO Audits Take?
The dimension of your site is determined by the period it takes to execute an SEO audit. It could take a minute or two for tiny websites with a few dozen pages. Also, it could take several hours or more for large websites with thousands of pages.
How Often Should You Perform an SEO Audit?
There is no hard and fast rule for how regularly you should audit your website. Inspecting the site at least once a quarter is a reasonable rule of thumb.
Employing one or more of the best SEO audit tools available on this list gives you an SEO analysis and will assist you in resolving issues that are preventing you from ranking. In addition, you will find out how to improve your site to make it stand out from the crowd.
You can improve your probability of ranking for the right queries by adopting SEO best practices and learning everything you can through these SEO audit tools.